Subject: PORTSMOUTH EMA SITUATION REPORT TWO – WINTER STORM 12/16/2020
1. SITUATION 17DEC2020 0800 EST: NWS WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS TILL 1:00 PM TODAY. 3-5 INCHES OF ADDITIONAL SNOW EXPECTED. TEMP 34 DEG F. WIND 12 MPH. SNOW IS WET SO BE CAUTIOUS SHOVELING. NATIONAL GRID REPORTS 133 CUSTUMERS AFFECTED. NONE ON AQUIDNECK ISLAND. ALMOST ALL PWR OUTAGES WERE IN NARRAGANSETT RI. PARKING BAN ON PORTSMOUTH PUBLIC STREETS REMAINS IN EFFECT TILL 1:00 PM TODAY TO FACILITATE SNOW REMOVAL AND TREATMENT.
2. ACTIONS TAKEN: Continue to monitor.
3. PLANS & RECOMMENDATIONS:
a. PEMA is participating in todays RIEMA, RIDOT, NWS, NATL. GRID & Local EM Directors phone conference.
b. PEMA EOC may be reached at (401) 477-2172.
- COMM Unit, VRC and Wellness Team remain on standby. Probability of activation remains LOW.
- PIO continues to perform duties from home or office as appropriate.
4. PUBLIC INFORMATION:
All emergencies should be reported via 911.
For preparedness information visit www.portsmouthri.com
General public reporting contacts:
Power outages call National Grid during periods of high outage activity at 1-800-465-1212.
Gas leaks call National Grid Customer Service Center at 1-800-640-1595 and local Fire Dept.
Utility lines down call Police/Fire dispatch at 911.
5. CASE STATUS: Ongoing. NEXT REPORT: At end of event unless significant change occurs.
Drafter: Ray Perry, CEM (401) 477-2172