Subject: PORTSMOUTH EMA SITUATION REPORT ONE – WINTER STORM 12/16/2020
1. SITUATION 15DEC2020 1130 EST: NWS WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY AFTRERNOON. Heavy snow from storm may commence as early as 6:00 PM today with 6-12 inches of snow anticipated. Wind gusts may reach 45mph. Temp will start near 32 DEG dropping on Thursday morning to MID 20s. Anticipate significant blowing and drifting of snow, downed trees and power lines, and dangerous travel conditions.
2. ACTIONS TAKEN:
PEMA is participating in daily RIEMA, RIDOT, NWS, NATL. GRID & Local EM Directors phone conferences.
15 DEC PEMA coordinated non-congregate sheltering planning with “Looking Upwards” homes in Portsmouth.
3. PLANS & RECOMMENDATIONS:
a. PPD have ordered a parking ban from Wednesday 16 DEC 7:00 PM through Thursday 17 DEC 9:00 PM, 2020.
b. PEMA Office in TH will serve as EOC. EOC will be activated 16 DEC 6:00 PM (anticipate 24-hour activation) with the following components:
- CMD will monitor storm from EOC with a particular focus on WebEOC management/RIEMA coordination, Tracking Power Outages, Damage Assessment and Life Lines monitoring, and coordination of Special Needs transportation as requested. EOC Phone number is (401) 643-0350 or (401) 477-2172.
- COMM Unit will be in standby status ready to staff post event the Incident Communications Center (ICC)
(401) 683-0285 / or EOC as directed.
- PIO will perform duties from home or office.
- Request VRC and Wellness Teams be in standby and ready to support within two hours of notice. Probability of support being needed is LOW.
4. PUBLIC INFORMATION:
All emergencies should be reported via 911.
For preparedness information visit www.portsmouthri.com
General public reporting contacts:
Power outages call National Grid during periods of high outage activity at 1-800-465-1212.
Gas leaks call National Grid Customer Service Center at 1-800-640-1595 and local Fire Dept.
Utility lines down call Police/Fire dispatch at 911.
5. CASE STATUS: Ongoing. NEXT REPORT: At end of event unless significant change occurs.
Drafter: Ray Perry, CEM (401) 477-2172