Election Day Notice:
Portsmouth Special Referendum, November 2, 2021
Polls Open 7AM to 8PM on Election Day
If unsure of precinct, go online to https://vote.sos.ri.gov/ or contact the Canvassing office at 401-683-3157.
- Precinct 2701—Hope Brown Center at Farnham Farm, 113 Mount Pleasant Ave., Prudence Island
- Precincts 2702 & 2703—Portsmouth High School (Old Gymnasium, Door #8), 120 Education Ln.
- Precinct 2704—Portsmouth High School (Old Gymnasium, Door #8), 120 Education Ln.
- Precincts 2705 & 2706—Portsmouth Town Hall Council Chambers, 2200 East Main Rd.
- Precincts 2707—Portsmouth Middle School Gymnasium, 125 Jepson Ln.
- Precincts 2708—Portsmouth Middle School Gymnasium, 125 Jepson Ln.
Locations NOT OPEN for voting:
2702 Portsmouth Multipurpose Senior Center
2703 Common Fence Point Community Center
2705 Melville Elementary School
2707 St. Barnabas Parish Hall
Voted Mail ballots must be deposited in BALLOT DROP BOXES at Town Hall or at the polls by 8PM, November 2.
Mail Ballot Tabulations will begin at 5PM, November 2, at the RI State Board of Election’s offices at 2000 Plainfield Pike, Cranston. The public is welcome to observe. Ballots received at 8PM will be delivered and tabulated on November 3.
Polling Place Results will be tabulated and transmitted after the polls close at 8PM.
Emergency In-Person Results (ballots voted at Town Hall 10-13 thru 11-1) will be tabulated and transmitted after the polling place results have been received.
Provisional Ballots will be determined on November 3.
Preliminary results will be posted on the Board of Election’s website after 8PM (https://www.ri.gov/election/results/).
Take Action. Things to do to prepare for voting in your town:
- Register to vote by going online to vote.sos.ri.gov or by completing a RI Voter Registration form and submitting it to your local Board of Canvassers.
- Verify your current registration information by going online to vote.sos.ri.gov or contacting your local canvassing office.
- Is your name accurate?
- Is your address correct?
- Is your party affiliation current? (Important in primary elections only.)
- Make any changes NOW by updating information using the same process for registering.
Take Care. Know the sources of information presented to you. Reliable resources for Rhode Island elections and voter information are listed below. If you hear or see any questionable reports, check with one of these authorities:
- The Rhode Island Department of State, Elections Division
- The Rhode Island State Board of Elections
- Local Board of Canvassers
Take Charge. The peaceful transition of authority is possible through elections and the power of your vote. Democracy is not passive.
- Question information presented.
- Learn about who and what is on the ballot.
- Vote—by mail or in person. Let your voice be heard.