As we plan for the 2020 elections, we look forward to many challenges and encourage you to join us on the adventure.
Meet us on Saturday, February 1, 1:00 PM, at Foodworks Restaurant, 2461 East Main Road, Portsmouth. We will discuss what to expect in 2020 and how you can prepare for Election Day.
Space is limited, so please register at email@example.com or call 401-683-3157 by January 27.
The Portsmouth Canvassing Authority
E. Richard Carpender (Chair)
VOTING IN 2020
Take Note. 2020 Elections will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, April 28—Presidential Preference Primaries
- Tuesday, September 8—Statewide Primaries
- Tuesday, November 3—Presidential Election
Take Action. Things to do to prepare:
- Register to vote by going online to vote.sos.ri.gov or by completing a RI Voter Registration form and submitting it to your local Board of Canvassers.
- Verify your current registration information by going online to vote.sos.ri.gov or contacting your local canvassing office.
- Is your name accurate?
- Is your address correct?
- Is your party affiliation current? (Important in primary elections only.)
- Make any changes NOW by updating information using the same process for registering.
Take Care. Know the sources of information presented to you. Reliable resources for Rhode Island elections and voter information are listed below. If you hear or see any questionable reports, check with one of these authorities:
- The Rhode Island Department of State, Elections Division
- The Rhode Island State Board of Elections
- Local Board of Canvassers
Take Charge. The peaceful transition of authority is possible through elections and the power of your vote. Democracy is not passive.
- Question information presented.
- Learn about who and what is on the ballot.
- Vote—by mail or in person. Let your voice be heard.