Plastic Film Recycling – ReStore program
Bubble Wrap & Air Packs
Give away new or gently used bubble wrap and air packs in the "FREE" section of Craigslist.org, FreeCycle.org or “Aquidneck Island Families Sell & Swap” at Facebook.
Give away new or gently used bubble wrap and air packs to local mailing stores for reuse, however, UPS and FedEx stores are required to use new materials.
Give away new or gently used bubble wrap and air packs to charities with retail stores that could pack goods for customers or clients.
Drop off donations of new or gently used bubble wrap and air packs at a Donation Center:
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of RI Donation Center at 1341 West Main Road, Middletown, RI 02842; open Mon. - Sat 9 AM – 6 PM, Sun. 10 AM – 4 PM
- Planet Aid, 533 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840; phone: 888-893-0648, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center, 76 Broadway, Newport, RI, 02840, phone: 401-846-0896; open Mon. - Sat. 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Plastic Bag Recycling with ReStore Program
Return plastic bags and other plastic films to any ReStore Bins at grocery stores, retailers, and pharmacies. Bags should be clean, dry and empty. Plastic should stretch at least a little.
Recycle these items in any ReStore bin.
- Shopping bags
- Sandwich bags (pull off and throw away hard zippers)
- Plastic cereal box liners
- Newspaper bags
- Bread/bagel bags
- Produce bags
- Dry cleaning bags
- Bubble wrap
- Air packs (from shipped packages)
- Beverage case overwrap
- Electronic overwrap
- Mattress bags
- Paper towel, toilet paper and tissue overwrap
- Shrink wrap or other overwrap
- Pellet/Firewood bags (inside out and shaken empty)
DO NOT place any plastic film or bags in a mixed recycling bin.
Only shredded paper should be double-bagged in clear plastic bags for recycling.