Clothing, Linens, Towels and Textiles
Give away new or gently used clothing, shoes, towels, sheets and/or curtains in the "FREE" section of Craigslist.org, FreeCycle.org or “Aquidneck Island Families Sell & Swap” at Facebook.
Donate dry, odorless, gently used clothing, shoes, towels, sheets and curtains (including ripped/torn/stained clothing, single socks and non-apparel items like sheets and curtains).
Place textiles in plastic bags for donation in a clothing bin.
Do not donate: rugs, carpeting or rags with dried hazardous waste (motor oil or paint).
1. Drop off donations at Portsmouth’s Main Transfer Station in any bin from the Salvation Army, Big Brothers & Big Sisters of RI or Planet Aid.
2. Drop off donations in any Salvation Army, Big Brothers & Big Sisters of RI or Planet Aid bin. Click on an organization name above for bin locations.
3. Drop off donations of clothing, furniture, and household goods at a Donation Center:
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of RI Donation Center at 1341 West Main Road, Middletown, RI 02842; open Mon. - Sat 9 AM – 6 PM, Sun. 10 AM – 4 PM
- Planet Aid, 533 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840; phone: 888-893-0648, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center, 76 Broadway, Newport, RI, 02840, phone: 401-846-0896; open Mon. - Sat. 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of RI phone: 401-921-2434
- Planet Aid
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center, phone: 860-527-8106 ext. 311 or 800-728-7825 or email Rick.Sustache@USE.SalvationArmy.org or Fleetmanager.email@example.com.
Portsmouth Transfer Station Bins
The Transfer Station has several bins where you can conveniently donate items while you recycle and drop off your trash.
Books - see the bins: