- 7 p.m.
- Held on the second and fourth Monday of the month, unless a holiday occurs, then it is usually the Tuesday following the holiday.
- 2018 Portsmouth Town Council Calendar
- Town Hall Council Chambers
2200 E. Main Road
Portsmouth, RI 02871
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View All Agendas and Minutes
Access information on the following members of the Town Council.
- Keith E. Hamilton (R), President
- Kevin M. Aguiar (D), Vice-President
- David M. Gleason (I)
- Paul F. Kesson (R)
- Elizabeth A. Pedro (R)
- J. Mark Ryan (D)
- Linda L. Ujifusa (D)
Legislative powers are vested in the Town Council which is composed of seven members who are elected at large for a term of two-years. Elections are held each November of even numbered years. Term of office begins the first Monday of the week following certification of the election results.
The Town of Portsmouth operates under a charter providing for a council; it is an administrator form of government.
The Town Council also sits as the Licensing Board.