Pay Taxes by Credit Card
Credit Card Payments for Fees and Taxes *
Convenience, Flexibility & Rewards
Enjoy the convenience, flexibility, and rewards of credit card payments for taxes or fees. Taxpayers have 3 options to pay by Credit Card:
- At the window at the Tax Collector's Office at Town Hall, 2200 East Main Road between 8:30 and 4:30, Monday through Friday.
- Over the Internet where you can check your balance and pay on-line through riegov.com You will need your account number and PIN, which is on your annual tax bill.
- By phone or over the Internet through Official Payments. You will need to use Jurisdiction Code 4905.
Proven Safe & Reliable
This service is safe, reliable, and in accordance with all state and government regulations. In order to process your payment, the credit card service provider, charges a nominal convenience fee based on the amount of the transaction. Calculate the fee on a specific amount.
Easy Payment Via Phone or Internet
To pay by credit card call, visit riegov.com, call the toll free number 800-272-9829 or visit the official payment resource to pay taxes by credit card over the Internet. (For telephone payments, enter your jurisdiction code when prompted.)
You will be asked to enter information such as:
- Amount of the tax or fee payment
- Bill or invoice number
- Credit card information
- Social security number (for state payments)
- Type of tax or fee
- Issue an onscreen confirmation number and a printable digital receipt. Confirmation is emailed to users who request it
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Tell you the total of your payment including the appropriate fee
- The charge will also appear on your credit card statement with the tax amount appearing on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line